In keeping with the World Health Organization vision, the Community Clinic strives for a world where all women’s and men’s rights to enjoy sexual and reproductive health are promoted and protected. Our services and programs are in keeping with this vision.
Reproductive Health Care Support
Saskatoon Community Clinic physicians and nurse practitioners provide reproductive primary health care services for patients including:
- Obstetrical and gynecological care
- Managing reproductive health concerns or conditions, for example, cervical cancer screening,
- Testing and treatment for pregnancy, sexually transmitted infections, contraception and fertility support,
- Planning for a healthy pregnancy, prenatal care throughout pregnancy
- Support during labour and delivery, postpartum care, and care of the newborn
- Support for termination of pregnancies
- Birth Control and/or contraceptives
Your provider will make referrals to specialty services, as required.
For a list of physicians in Saskatoon providing pre and post natal support visit https://www.saskatoonhealthregion.ca/patients/Documents/Doctors-Taking-Patients/DoctorsTakingPatients.pdf
While some people know right away what they will do upon pregnancy, others aren’t so sure. Exploring your feelings and learning more about pregnancy options—parenting, adoption, and abortion—can be helpful in choosing the option that is best for you. To learn more, go to the Unplanned Pregnancy page of this website.
Postpartum Depression Support Group
The Saskatoon Community Clinic is a partner with the Saskatoon Health region in providing a Postpartum depression support group. This group is available to anyone in the community who needs support. For more information contact the Community Clinic’s counselling department at 306.664.4283.