Privacy of personal information is a fundamental right of health care in Canada. In order to provide you with health care services we need to collect personal information from you. When you provide us with this information we give you these assurances:
- Only collect information required for your care and treatment.
- Only share your information with other health professionals or health care institutions to the extent necessary to provide you with proper health care.
- Ask your permission to share your personal information if required for other purposes unless we must provide it for legal reasons.
- Keep accurate records.
- Keep your information secure and retain or destroy these records as required by law
- Give you access to your own records and, if requested, make copies of them at a reasonable cost.
To review and/or obtain copies or to request a change in the information in your patient record please ask to speak to a member of our Health Records team. If copies are provided, a fee may be charged to cover the expense.
By law we are required to separate medical records (including your address) from other records like program registration, mailing and billing. If you give your contact information to reception, pharmacy, lab, member relations, or other service and program areas it will be used internally to update all contact lists the Saskatoon Community Clinic uses.
Our role in protecting your health information is guided by: Professional and licensing policies and practices; Saskatchewan Health Information Protection Act and Government of Canada Personal Information and Electronic Documents Act.
The Saskatoon Community Clinic is committed to ensuring that the health information of our patients is treated with respect and safeguarded to ensure privacy.
Formal complaints about privacy practices may be submitted to our Privacy Officer – Lisa Clatney, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org who will acknowledge receipt of such complaint, ensure that it is investigated promptly, and provide a formal written response.