While some people know right away what they will do upon pregnancy, others aren’t so sure. Exploring your feelings and learning more about pregnancy options—parenting, adoption, and abortion—can be helpful in choosing the option that is best for you.
At the Saskatoon Community Clinic, our multidisciplinary team is committed to providing quality care in a supportive, safe and confidential atmosphere. If you are considering abortion, the Saskatoon Community Clinic requires that you do the following before your booking your initial appointment. Your initial appointment may either be in-clinic or by phone.
- Refer to the Pregnancy Options Resource and learn about all of your options
- Read the:
- Clinic’s Privacy Statement
- Comparison of Early Abortion Options
- Consent & Care Coordination: Medication Abortion
- Consent & Care Coordination: NO TOUCH Medication Abortion During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Surgery Consent & Care Coordination (Surgical Abortions)
- Complete the Medical, Social and Pregnancy History form
- Review the Consent to Use Electronic Communication (if applicable)
To book an initial appointment with a doctor, call 306.652.0300 Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. No referral is needed to book this appointment. Have your valid health card number, the date of the first day of your last menstrual period, and your contact information including a RELIABLE phone number ready to provide to the receptionist when you book. Availability of appointments cannot be guaranteed.
When booking your appointment, Clinic reception may arrange both an ultrasound and lab work for you to complete prior to your initial appointment with a doctor.
This initial appointment (in-clinic or via phone) with a doctor is a consultation only. Pregnancy options will be reviewed and medical suitability for each option will be discussed. If you are scheduled an in-clinic appointment, please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment time.